Recently a plant growing in the backyard had started to creep thru the kitchen windows, and what with us leavin the kitchen lights on at night for security sake, the plant slowly grew longer and longer towards the fluorescent tube. Ah, what we learnt when we were little kiddies at school, plant grows towards light. Wanted to take a photo and post it here.
Imagine my surprise when i came back from KL today and saw all the leaves gone. Only the branches were left hangin in the air. I suddenly noted the door next to the windows having multiple black streaks. I thought they were fungi grown over a span of two nights (since I went back to KL). When i went closer to inspect, my surprise turned to horror as they turned out to be numerous black furry caterpillars, all sleeping in the lazy afternoon air.
FIGURE 1. Naked plant, totally no more leaves left. Must have been a whole swarm dat ate all the leaves up.
FIGURE 2. Horror film on the kitchen floor. Damn frickin creepy!I quickly grabbed a roll of newspaper and massacred the lot (okay, so Im a Buddhist, but hey, at least a whole lot of em get to be reborned somewhere else, hopefully not as caterpillars again). But they kept coming in, and up until now, they're getting bigger and bigger (seems like there's more food to eat now, less competition). As of 11.30pm Sunday, I've notched 36 on the kill-list and counting. One hairy bugger made it all the way to my room door, smacked that sob and left a yucky splat on my door. Ah, I get to see caterpillar entrails close-up as well (who'd imagine caterpillars having a GI system). I tried using Shieldtox on the ones higher up on the walls, turns out they go cranky when sprayed by mosquitocide. Most of them crawled along slowly, but I did see some of the leaner ones speed across the kitchen floor.
FIGURE 3. One of the little buggers close up (or rather, half of the little bugger, other half was on the roll of newspaper).
FIGURE 4. Murder weapon: The Sunday Star Health section.The whole kitchen smells weird now, Im waiting for the corpses to dry up b4 sweeping them up. Bastards keep comin in, scary part is, they're getting bigger by the minute. I've barricaded the kitchen door, hopefully none will crawl under it to my room (haha, like some horror film). Im afraid that if I open the backdoor, I'll see the whole of the other side crawling with these little bastards. Check this out online: link.
The first caterpillar I see in my bedroom, Im movin straight back to KL. Goddamn creepy, finalz nearby or not.
Oh ya, Happy Valentine's day to all Singles out there! Haha, at least WE don't have to crack our heads on what to buy as a gift.
2 comments:
Johan! U updated your blog dy! Anyway, good luck for ur upcoming exams! I'm on 2 week hols dy.
- Aaron.
KYAAAAA!!! OMG I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE CATERPILLARS!!!!!!! especially those with bulu!!!
Post a Comment